The second webinar in our webinar series focus on access to satellite data and information important for emergency response and disaster risk management.
The slides from the webinar presentation including additional resources in the form of “how to” access data manuals and video guides can be downloaded can be downloaded here.
The slides from the guest speakers at the webinar can be downloaded here:
- Attilio Gambardella: Policy officer at the European Commission in Directorate General for Defence Industry and Space, responsible for the Copernicus Emergency Management Service. Presenting on: Copernicus Emergency Management Service – An Overview.
- Jesús San-Miguel-Ayanz: Development lead and coordinator of the European Forest Fire Information System (EFFIS) and the Global Wildfire Information System (GWIS), European Commission Joint Research Centre. Presenting on: Wildfire: Early Warning and Monitoring.
- Antonio Tabasco Cabezas: Head Remote Sensing Applications and Services Division at GMV. Presenting on: The Experience of a Copernicus Relay Industry Working in Emergency and Disaster.
- David Hodgson: Executive Secretariat member of the International Charter Space and Major Disasters. Presenting on: International Charter: Space and Major Disasters.
- David Moore: National Centre for Earth Observation (NCEO) at the University of Leicester. Presenting on:
Mozambique Flooding from Cyclone Idai – NCEO Response and Lessons Learnt