Apulian Aerospace Cluster (DTA)
Founded in 2009, the Apulian Aerospace Cluster (DTA) Includes aerospace industries, universities, public and private research centres of Apulia. DTA proposes and implements research, training and innovation projects for the development of key technologies, creation of new professional figures, construction of infrastructures at the service of research and innovation. DTA adopts a systematic approach that allows to reach ever more ambitious objectives at national and international level.
- To lead and support innovation projects in aerospace
- To promote national and international research and business relationships
- To offer a cooperation platform for industries, research and education actors
- To advice public administrations in industrial and R&D policies
Contact for project:
Fiorella Coliolo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Related to WP call:
WP2 - Regional challenges and needs to be supported by EO/Copernicus
Kind of activity:
Follow-up on Hackathon results
We propose a follow-up to the Hackathon in which to exploit all the results of the initiative, involving the regional actors who launched the challenges, but also collecting feedback from the participants, in order to provide a better insight into needs and challenges of local and regional authorities already using or in the stage of taking advantage from Copernicus applications.
«Water» was the topic of the Copernicus Hackathon-Bari 2019 organised by Planetek Italia in Bari (Apulia) – with the support of DTA - from 11 to 13 of October 2019, within the 300sqm space dedicated to events by Impact Hub. The event offered a platform to software developers, graphic designers, interface designers but also young innovators and journalists passionate to create innovative mobile applications, based on Copernicus’ data and services.
The goal of the proposed action is to help in the:
- Identification of new user-domains
- Actions to enlarge communities of no-space users to foster the user-uptake
- Creating opportunities for new business and user-communities to appreciate Copernicus focus new-comers
The output will be a report with the results of the survey, key messages and recommendations.
What motivated you to participate as an associated partner to CoRdiNet?
By addressing the challenges and needs of local and regional authorities, and by analyzing the feedback of the Hackathon participants, this follow up action aims to help the Copernicus relay in acting as a real antenna for the needs of local communities of innovators and developers. The objective is to better exploit the opportunities that the Copernicus Program offers to Earth Observation stakeholders in particular to SMEs and start-ups.
How does your proposed action/project complement the purpose of CoRdiNet? What is your contribution to the Copernicus ecosystem?
We aim to foster the interconnection of talents, knowledge and professionalism, through the creation of a large network in which change and development are integrated with new business opportunities
Goals of proposed initiative
- Understand what difficulties the participants in the Hackathon encountered in making the best use of Copernicus data and services
- Collect the needs of the participants with respect to the types of data and information that regional / national / European institutions should make available to promote the creation of innovative solutions
- Understand which barriers still remain with respect to the successful adoption of the resources offered by Copernicus
- Stimulate the generation of new business ideas based on Copernicus data and services
- Encourage the creation of start-ups and new business
- Support the development of a thriving Copernicus downstream eco-system, by favouring cooperation between multiple stakeholders and maximise the socio-economic benefits of Copernicus
What were the new contact you made and what have you learnt out of your engagement with CoRdiNeT?
We learnt the importance to be a part of, and to work in network. This is fundamental to exchange expertise and skills in order to support new business solutions based on Earth Observation data from the Copernicus project.